Data is the information that allows us to live, decide, and grow. Each miniscule datum helps us optimize our personal, professional, and communal lives. It also fuels and inspires our most inherent human trait: giving. Data helps us decide if to give, how much, to whom, when, and why.
Our data ethics are driven by metrical dos and don'ts. What we do and do not do in creating our tools, products, and solutions; what we do and do not do in their process and production; and what we do and do not do in implementing a more giving future.
Collecting and Holding Data
Sourcing, Owning, Transparency, and Security
- We will only use data for the purposes of promoting the work of nonprofit 501c3 organizations and philanthropic corporations and consultants.
- We will only use personal data that is legally obtained from public sources (public personal data), shared with us by organizations after proper disclosures (organization personal data), or willfully shared with by individual donors (private personal data).
- We will always maintain full transparency regarding our data processing.
- We will never edit or modify data to misrepresent their sources.
- We will always adhere to the best practices and highest industry standards of data safety and security.
- We will never compromise the security of even the slightest bit of datum.
Creating Data-Driven Products:
Unbiased, Representative, Diligence/Vigilance/Attentive
- We will always vet our products for potentially biased outputs and other ethical risks associated with data driven products, especially machine learning. This includes working hard to collect data on the diverse array of people who our products will impact.
- We will never misrepresent individuals by selectively concealing or altering public data about them.
- We will always research and do our due-diligence to innovate and lead to a more giving and cause-driven future. We will never be satisfied by the ethical status quo.
- We will never allow our research, discovery, or production processes to dictate our ethics.
Relationships to data subjects and third parties:
Control, Sharing, and Expectations
- We will always ensure that individuals have control over their private personal data; upholding individual’s right to ask for all their data to be removed from our systems.
- We will always allow individuals to have control over their data,
- What organization uses it
- What they do with it
- Deleting the data upon request
- We will never use private personal data in a way that will disadvantage the individual.
- We will never present private or organizational personal data, as a whole or specific parts, against the will of the individual.
- We will always guarantee organizations proactive, meaningful, mutually beneficial opt-in for any third-party data shares.
- We will never share data with anyone outside of the Hatch purview, including cross-pollination with our clients, without the organizations’ clear, complete opt-in and meaningful consent.
- We will always respect agreements and understandings between individuals and organizations on the control and usage of organization data. We will never take sides in case of a dispute between the latter.
- We will always protect individual’s private and organization intellectual property in accordance with the highest ethical, legal, and security standards
- We will never monetize personal data, public, organizational or private without an organization's permission.
- We will never partner with any person or entity that doesn't adhere to their relevant data privacy and security laws.
- We will always audit our processes through the clearest ethical lens of our advisory board, The Donor Bill of Rights, and AFPs Code of Ethical Standards, refining as we evolve and preempting any opaque algorithms or outputs.
Use for Good - Personal data should only be used for the purposes of promoting good.
- We will always service non profit 501c3 organizations and philanthropic organizations that uphold to the corporate ethical standards (CES)
- We will never create products or services solely for for profit gains
- We will always create products and services that foster inclusive giving
Hatch exists to help people give better and more intelligently. We can only do that if we create solutions that help people do Ethically Good; if our products and processes are Rigorously Ethical; and if we are perpetually Ethically Trailblazing, setting higher ethical standards by which to soar.
How does Hatch do it?
- First we unify all of a nonprofit’s donor data.
- Then we enrich and enhance every record with up to 300 pieces of new information using 3rd party data and our proprietary algorithms.
- We then leverage our Altruistic Intelligence™ to recommend the most personalized methods of engagement and fundraising.
Who is Hatch for?
- Nonprofit fundraisers looking to increase and streamline their fundraising.
- Nonprofit Marketers and P2P campaign managers seeking to leverage data to accelerate results.
Why doesn’t this exist yet?
It does in the for-profit world, where everything is driven by the bottom line. Our mission is to bring these powerful tools to causes driven by the topline: goodness. The most comparable tool available for nonprofits today are ‘wealth screening’ companies. But they are mostly a manual service and only give you information that help identify “the rich”. Hatch gives you intelligence on everyone! Helping you identify not only the ‘rich’ but also the influential. So now you can also find the perfect prospect for your next p2p campaign.
What data is needed for my Hatch enrichment?
A name, phone, number, and email address is all that’s needed for Hatch to work our magic! Yet, the more data fields you provide us, the better the quality and quantity of data insights we can return.
Where is this data from?
Hatch licenses to the most accurate and ethically gathered data sources. Not a single piece of data found in your enriched data set has come from illegal web scraping or unethical sources and we will keep it that way.
How accurate is Hatch’s data?
Could you imagine if you had 100% certainty in all aspects of life? Wow! That would be cool. The Hatch data team is hard at work around the clock working on providing the most accurate data that they can provide. Is it 100% accurate? Not yet!
How often is this data updated?
People don’t move apartments, jobs, or cell phone providers each week. Political campaigns happen on average once or twice a year. Hatch enriches data every quarter and that data is accessible to you based on your Hatch tier. [some daily - news , monthly - donations, quarterly - jobs , annually - politcal giving and location]